Nebraska Dental Assistant Requirements
Each state has different requirements for dental assistants. This page includes links to all the information you need to understand the requirements for dental assistants in this state. View the different dental assisting levels, along with the requirements for each. You can also view the allowable duties at each level.
Expanded Function Dental Assistant Requirements
To qualify as an Expanded Function Dental Assistant in Nebraska, one must:
1. Hold a valid license as a Licensed Dental Assistant at the time of application; AND
2. Complete a minimum of 1,500 hours of work experience as a Licensed Dental Assistant; AND
3. Complete board approved courses and acceptable clinical exams in expanded function dental assisting as approved by the Board; AND
4. Pass a jurisprudence exam approved by the Board covering Nebraska statutes, rules and regulations governing dental assisting, AND
5. Apply to the Department of Health and Human Services for the applicable EFDA permit
An EFDA, upon completion of education and testing approved by the Board and with a permit from the department for the respective expanded function, may perform the following under indirect supervision: (1) Place restorative level one simple restorations (one surface), and (2) Place restorative level two complete restorations (multiple surfaces).