Volunteer with DANB
DANB is looking for volunteers to serve on our committees to help develop DANB exams.
Volunteering with DANB is a way to give back to the dental community and make your mark on the dental assisting profession. Plus, DANB certificants will earn 3 CDE credits for serving on a committee.
Who should volunteer?
If you have knowledge in the committee area and are motivated to serve, please consider signing up. Committee areas include dental radiography, infection control, chairside assisting, orthodontic assisting, preventive and restorative functions, and more.
We strive to ensure a variety of perspectives are reflected. We actively seek volunteers from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, including diversity in gender, age, race and ethnicity. We encourage individuals with experience as well as those
who are newer to the profession to apply. We are committed to fair and equitable access and opportunity for all.
There are six different committee types. The term “item” refers to a multiple-choice exam question.
In-person committees (meet up to twice annually, and serve up to 3 years)
- Content Validation Studies: Review and revise exam content outlines
- Standard Setting Studies: Participate in studies to ensure that the pass point for each exam is appropriate
- Item Reviewer: Review items for inclusion on DANB exams
Virtual committees (annual assignments with 1 year commitment for up to 3 years)
- Item Writer: Annually attend one virtual item writing training workshop and complete item writing assignments
- Item Reference Checks: Review DANB exam item references to ensure accuracy
- Item Enemy Checks: Review DANB exam items and identify items that are substantially similar
How to apply
To be considered, complete the exam committee application form. Space is limited, so apply today.