The Dental Assisting National Board (DANB) has announced its 2023-2024 Board of Directors and officers. This year, for the first time in recent history, DANB’s officers are all dental assistants. This marks a significant milestone in DANB’s commitment to advancing the dental assisting profession by ensuring that those in leadership roles have firsthand dental assisting experience and expertise.
“We have been intentional about fostering inclusivity on the board and bringing in leaders who offer a range of perspectives and experiences,” said DANB CEO Laura Skarnulis. “With a wealth of experience and diverse backgrounds, the Board of Directors is poised to guide DANB in advancing the interests and professional development of dental assistants across the country.”
2023-2024 DANB Board of Directors
- Chair: Janée Tamayo, CDA, CPFDA, B.S., MSgt, USAF
- Chair-Elect: Kimberly Plate, CDA, CPFDA, CRFDA, B.S.
- Secretary-Treasurer: Meagan Mitchell, CDA, B.S.
- Immediate Past Chair: Lois Bell, CDA, CPFDA, CRFDA, CDIPC, MADAA
- Tanya Dorf Brunner, M.S.
- Kerri Friel, CDA, COA, RDH, M.A.
- Frank Maggio, D.D.S.
- Barbara Mousel, D.D.S., CDA, RDH
- Kishan Patel, CDA, COA, CPFDA, CRFDA
- Lindsey Yates, D.D.S.
New to the board are Tanya Dorf Brunner, Kerri Friel, Kishan Patel, and Lindsey Yates.
The board nominations came at a critical time, as DANB is making significant progress through the first year of its latest strategic plan.
“We unveiled our ambitious strategic plan at the beginning of the year,” said DANB Immediate Past Chair Lois Bell. “Our efforts have centered on championing the dental assisting profession and identifying solutions to address the workforce challenges. This year’s board directors and officers are undoubtedly up to the task, and I look forward to working alongside everyone to further our mission.”
“Dental assistants play a crucial role on the dental team, and DANB is committed to supporting dental assistants so they can be well-equipped to serve the dental practice and provide high-quality patient care,” said DANB Chair Janée Tamayo. “I am honored to serve as DANB Board Chair, and I am energized to work with my fellow board directors and the DANB staff to continue our positive momentum.”
The DALE Foundation, the official DANB affiliate, also elected its officers for the 2023-2024 board year.
2023-2024 DALE Foundation Board of Trustees
- President: Michael Conte, D.M.D., M.P.H.
- President-Elect: Vicki Brett, CDA, RDH, B.S.D.H
- Secretary-Treasurer: Royann Royer, CDA, RDH, M.P.H.
- Immediate Past President: Guinevere Juckett, CDA, CPFDA, CRFDA, CDIPC, EFDA, FADAA, FAADOM
- Lois Bell, CDA, CPFDA, CRFDA, CDIPC, MADAA
- Stephanie Bustos, CDA, RDA
- Joanne Dawley, D.D.S.
- Sandra Garcia, CDA, CDIPC, RDA, FADAA, FAADOM
- Carlos Gaxiola, CDIPC, RDA, RDHAP, RDH